Your business can come to life on the pages of a custom book far more easily than you think. Your ideas might be produced as a photo-essay coffee-table book, a cookbook, a literary book or journal, a square gift book, or something just a little different. Choose between hardbound, sofbound, flexibound, an elegant hand-tooled leather cover, or a deluxe slipcase.
Seize the opportunity to have images in your book linked to video interviews, stories, or significant events through Digimarc Discover® technology. Here, selected photographs are embedded with digital watermarks, invisible to the reader but not to a mobile app, that sense the watermark (or “Digimarc” as they are called) and directs the reader to an online video related to the photograph. Readers may absorb the text, admire the imagery, and then point their phone or tablet at the page and watch film footage pertaining to the text and photo subject. Carpe Diem Books is proud to have pioneered this unique use of Digimarc technology as an effective way to expand a book’s editorial and marketing capabilities.
Watch the Digimarc video
Other customizing options
- Foil-stamped corporate logo on the book cover
- Book plate
- Tipped-in letter
- Bound-in 4-, 8-, 12-, or 16-page insert
- Custom jacket
- Deluxe leatherbound
In addition, we provide services to clients for creating apps, companion websites, video documentation, ebooks, audiobooks, printed marketing collateral (e.g. tip sheets and press releases), and archiving.
There are many ways to present your message, all of which will create a valuable resource and asset for your business.
Together, we can create the ultimate keepsake, something truly unique and memorable. Your organization’s history, products, and people… all can be visually showcased in your very own book. Add your storyline and your legacy is preserved.
It’s a plan that has worked well for many of our clients.
- Carnival Corp. / Cunard Line — When Cunard announced the building of the world’s largest ocean liner, Queen Mary 2, Carpe Diem Books proposed — and was selected over numerous book packagers — to develop and market a top quality coffee-table book on the design, construction, and christening of the new ship. CDB was chosen in light of hiring the top maritime writer and foremost cruise photographer, and bringing on board an industry-leading trade publisher that provided extensive retail distribution. We created a stimulating program that incentivized cruise passengers with contests and outreach through the media and bookstores nationwide. The book, Queen Mary 2, was the centerpiece gift for the liner’s maiden voyage.
- Churchill Downs — Seizing upon a void in the marketplace with no top-notch celebratory book of the world’s most famous horse race, Shircliff Publishing and Carpe Diem Books secured a licensing deal with Churchill Downs to publish The Kentucky Derby. To make its contents even more vivid and interactive, this unique book features Digimarc Discover®. This state-of-the-art digital technology incorporates digital watermarks that, through an app, link directly to thrilling race videos and fascinating archives, providing the reader with a live-action, virtual, first-person experience.
- Columbia Sportswear — No need for a traditional corporate history book approach when you’ve got chairman Gert Boyle to share the tale of her remarkable journey from a childhood in Nazi Germany to become the chairman of one of the world’s largest outerwear clothing companies. Gert Boyle selected Carpe Diem Books as her literary agent to find the right publisher to take on her book, One Tough Mother. She’s pleased she did: 35,000 copies have been sold.
- Wineries — Award-winning wine photographers Robert Holmes and Andrea Johnson approached us with the idea of celebrating the rapid growth of pinot noir in a photo-essay book that could be customized for leading winery participants. The groundwork for Passion for Pinot was its emphasis on rich imagery and compelling stories, but what made it particularly valuable for each of the eighteen partnering wineries were the individual customization options of an imprinted winery name/logo on the front cover, a bookplate on the front endsheet, a tipped-in letter or four-page color insert in the front of the book, and/or a custom book cover. Each winery had the benefits of a great book with its own unqiue custom features, making it an excellent gift for their wine club members.
- McAllister Towing and Transportation — As one of the oldest and largest family-owned marine towing and transportation companies in the United States, MT&T believed that a coffee-table book would be the most effective way to convey its rich history for its 150th anniversary. After considering several book publishers, McAllister selected Carpe Diem Books based its experience in developing other corporate books that involved similar editorial and design complexities. The result was the award-winning publication of McAllister Towing: 100 Years of Family Business.